Become A Member
If you share Steps vision for a just, equitable, and sustainable Mississippi Gulf Coast, consider becoming a member of the Steps Coalition. Members actively participate in Steps work and share Steps mission, vision, and core values. Members vote on Steps matters, author, manage campaigns, provide expertise and/or support for neighborhood meetings. Members establish and amend the Coalition's governance policies and procedures at quarterly and annual meetings.
STEPS COALITION BENEFITS
- Information on coalition related matters, events and local justice issues through email, newsletter, website and membership meetings
- Access to a broad network of likeminded individuals; ability to inform STEPS campaigns and decisions through participation in Board meetings, annual meeting, quarterly meeting, and campaign/strategy meetings
- Opportunity to learn from social justice advocates working in different communities, on different issues, or from different walks of life
- Organization profiles on the STEPS website
- Access to coalition directory
- Staff assistance for networking and support for emerging campaigns and initiatives
- Staff assistance for Official STEPS campaigns
- Opportunities for training in such areas as leadership development and community organizing.